Wow! As a fellow VR dev, my hat is off to you for having such a polished demo! I'd LOVE to know how you prevent the players head from clipping through the walls!
New COMPOUND version out now!
I've never used the devlog feature; I don't know what I'm doing!
- New starting area: the player's apartment. You can set your difficulty and get used to the controls here before jumping into danger. Eventually I would like it to become an area where you select your staring loadout, etc. and be much more interactive
- Main menu with various options
- Trackpad movement option available and made default
- Legacy 'Hold & point' option still available
- Configurable controls
- Comfort mode; disables locomotion and bumping into walls
- Ability to change handedness
- Settings saved across sessions
- Rift-specific controls (I don't have a Rift so please tell me if they make sense. Sorry; no manual rotate feature implemented yet)
- First round is a 'warmup' round with no robots and reduced enemies. Robots appear, map increases in size, and enemies increase in number after each win
- Explosive barrels
- Player has *very* short time of invincibility after recieving damage to avoid insta-death scenarios
- HUD / map overhaul
- Easier to focus on
- Items show up on map
- Max magazines locked to 9 (for now)
- Map embedded in HUD
- New drop system; health will only drop if player is not at max health. Chance increases as health gets lower. Same with ammo
- Grabbing reworked; mostobjects can no longer be pushed through walls
- Robot behaviour changed; no longer have perfect x-ray after seeing player once, get briefly 'stunned' after taking damage
- Tank tracks on secutiry robots are animated
- Better damage feedback on robots
- Limit on enemies per room to mitigate bad RNG
- Easy by default
- Drops last longer
- Drops on easy never disappear
- Smaller collision area for player's head
- Pistol overheating nerfed on easy and medium difficulty
- Various bullet speeds rebalanced
- Player will be teleported back into level if they manage to get out due to tracking error, etc
- Enemies pushed out of level will die to prevent never-ending levels
- Fixed game breaking bug where the 'hard' bottle could not be smashed
- SMG magazine no longer acts strangely when teleporting mid-reload
KNOWN MAJOR BUGS
- Very occasionally the map will spawn without enemies, causing an instant win. Will add failsafe soonish.
- Very occasionally, on the first time running the game after a new install, the default Rift control layout will be loaded instead of the Vive one for Vive users. Please contact me if you can reliably replicate this issue as I can't pin the cause down.
COMPOUND V0.0.4.zip 33 MB
Jul 08, 2017
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.